In response to your questions and comments, I have put up this long post [pls bear with me]. I hope you can find your answers here. If you need further elaboration please drop me an email on email@example.com *wink*. Thank you, all of you who helped me recall some honest things about me and also to those who explained the Honest Scrap Award thing.
- Friendship: - In primary school, I remember gossiping about a friend to another friend. It was not a small fight that resulted when I got exposed. I learnt from that experience. I cannot remember gossiping about a close friend to another. What I know I might have done is talking to my man about a close friend. It might be when I need some advice or to complain about something.
With my friends, I am very open. 90% of them can give you my life history from the time I met them. No surprises for them.
- Marriage: - 12 days ago, I was one year in marriage. I feel like I have been married all my life because most of the time it is so blissful that I forget the days, anxiety and worry I had when I was single. I am not a mommy yet. It is also my prayer that every single one of you desiring a husband should get married to a man who exceeds your dreams and expectations.
Marriage is really the place to enjoy lovemaking. If the venue will not make the act pleasurable, I will quickly react. One of such places was on the floor. It was harder than I expected it to be.
- Talking career things: - I am a Petroleum Engineer. I enjoy the job 95% of the time. Some days could be challenging but I have learnt not to break during those times but to learn something new. You can read about my job experience on this blog here. I have been a very mobile worker. Within the last one year, I have flown a minimum of 48 times. With my move to Lagos, I hope to be more settled.
- Meeting bloggers: - I have spoken to a few bloggers on phone and chatted with a few. I tell you, these bloggers are wonderful. I do not want to leave them as virtual. I would love to meet them and other bloggers physically. The only bloggers I have met are those I knew before I started blogging.
- Embarrassing moment: - I happened to be a late bloomer though now no one can tell. There was once I put tissue paper in my undies and went to school to feel like my peers who had started menstruation. I stained it with red ink in case we go to the toilet and anyone wanted to have a peek. At that time, there was this boy that had been on my case and I was forming hard to get. That day, he took me to the tuck shop to buy me some snacks. Just after he paid and he was talking sweet nothings to convince me he was the one for me, the tissue paper fell down. In front of him and everyone. One girl pointed out that the stain could not be blood. I shamefully picked up the tissue paper, threw it in the dust bin and ran back to my class. I never agreed for the guy.
- Regrets: - Daddy once asked me for N12 (equivalent of $0.08). I refused. This was money I has saved. I used to keep the money in one book by my bedside but after he indicated interest in the money, I moved it from there. The day he died, I saw the book in his room. It suddenly made me realize that though the money seemed small, he must have really needed it. I still wish I had given him the money.
- Things I like: - My favourite colour is purple. Physically, I love my body. About myself, I like my strength. People are amazed at what I can do despite my stature [but I cannot carry load]. I also like my ability to learn on my own and my creativity, which my job has helped me to improve on. I love cooking and feeding people.
- Things I cannot do: - I cannot multitask except in the kitchen. I admire people who can take phone calls, type a mail and watch a movie at the same time. I do one thing at a time. I am still learning how to dress a bed.
- Why God: - Have you ever stopped to wonder the very beginning and source of all things? Have you ever reflected on the perfection of things surrounding you? Have you thought about the beauty, the coordination, and the purposefulness of those things that do not have self-will? Have you thought of the intricacies and uniqueness of yourself and how it could have come about? Have you ever imagined the miracle of babies? Surely there must be a source, a beginning, and a creator. Whoever He is, He is worthy of my respect and admiration because I do not know a pinch of what He knows.
I delved deep into physics and geography yet I could not explain some things. I felt a void which nothing could fill. I decided to go and find out for myself about Him. Not until I made the move did I realize there was God who had taken miles to reach out to me. He was one I could develop a relationship with. I have seen Him at work in others but more importantly seen the transformation of my life because of Him.
- My walk with God: - I first gave my life to Christ in 1993. A classmate of mine prayed with me and I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I continued living my life as it was. No reading of bible. No praying. No going to church. After all, neither my father nor my mother was a church-goer.
In 2005, I rededicated my life to God. Yet, that same 2005, I backslid. Not when I had to deal with temptations like Big Boss, not when I had to face friends who knew me before and the fact that my flesh could not deny the pleasures of the past.
In 2007, I yet again rededicated my life to God. This time, things had to be done differently. I studied the word, prayed and guarded my heart. Initially it seemed like there was no benefit, but as I look back I realize that staying on God's word helped me to know and love Him more, helped me with overcoming temptations, especially in the area of keeping my legs closed until marriage. I could not have done it on my own. It was from 2007 that I started learning scriptures in the bible.
If I look back 5 years, I believe I have come a long way in terms of who I have become and what I have achieved.
- Looking forward: - I am very optimistic about life. I look forward to seeing my King and I with our children [4 biological and 2 adopted-twins]. I should be managing the best training centers in Nigeria for the oil and gas industry. Following my Christian Writers Training, I look forward to writing God-inspired books for His people. All by His Grace.
Have a blessed weekend ahead.